Single-use plastic is the worst type of plastic and a steel straw replaces plastic with style.
Why a steel straw?
- An easy to use alternative to plastic straws.
- After using you can just throw it in the dishwasher.
- This sustainable straw has no metallic aftertaste and is great quality.
- Less plastic waste.
- Dentists recommend using a straw to protect your teeth. We also recommend trying toothpaste tablets.
- Prevent smudging your lipstick.
- We use zero waste packaging for all UK & EU orders.
- This includes paper based jiffy bags and paper sticky tape.
Is there a metallic aftertaste?
- Our metal straw does not have a metallic aftertaste.
- Bent steel straws are 0.6cm in diameter and 20.5 cm in length.
- The steel is 304 food grade stainless steel.
- Colours are added using electroplating.
- Straight metal straws are 0.6cm in diameter and 21.5cm in length.
- All the straws contain nickel material, which makes the product corrosion-resistant so it lasts longer.
- The material is food grade safe and its nickel content complies with standard requirements of 8-10.5%.
What’s wrong with plastic straws?
- Straws are the 11th most common plastic found at sea and billions are used each year.
- It takes each plastic straw hundreds of years to biodegrade. During this time, they are a dangerous hazard to marine life.
- 1 million sea birds die each year from ingesting plastic!
- Though the straws biodegrade, they never fully degrade. The plastic just breaks up into smaller pieces – microplastics.
- Tiny organisms can ingest even the smallest microplastics. These small organisms are often at the bottom of the food chain. This is why plastic is found in so many fish.
How do I clean a metal straw?
- Wash the steel straw in hot water with soap and use the cleaning brush to clean the inside.
- Alternatively, you can put the steel straw in the dishwasher.
How will my purchase make a difference?
- With plastic straws causing the deaths of millions of sea birds in the UK and worldwide, you have the power to protect the planet and all it’s inhabitants.
- Simply ditch plastic straws and try an alternative.
Blue Bendy Straws, Black Bendy Straws, Rose Gold Bendy Straws, Bendy steel straws, Straw Cleaner, Rainbow Bendy Straws, Gold Bendy Straws