Bamboo Soap Dish
A bamboo soap dish & a shampoo bar is the future. Still using plastic bottles of shampoo? That’s ok, let us help you make the eco switch.
Why our bamboo soap dish?
- Vegan and plastic free.
- All bamboo is grown organically.
- A perfect complement to shampoo bars.
- It will help you on your way to ditching plastic in the bathroom!
- We send all UK & EU orders in zero waste packaging with paper sticky tape.
How do I care for my soap dish?
- Clean regularly by removing the lid and giving it a wipe down.
- Allow the bamboo to dry, don’t leave in a puddle of water.
- Though the waterproof paint is effective, it will go mouldy if left soaking wet 24/7.
What does this replace?
- We all know that billions of plastic bottles are used each year and that this is bad for the planet.
- However, all the focus is on water bottles and yet plastic bottles in the bathroom get very little attention.
- Recycling these bottles is not the answer as the UK recycling system in the UK is quite simply rubbish (no pun intended).
- A better solution is soap bars! Our soap bars come in packaging that is 100% plastic free.
- To keep these soap bars in top condition, our soap dish serves a great purpose.
But what’s wrong with plastic bottles?
- Naturally, plastic bottles find their way into our oceans and rivers. Here they last hundreds of years, breaking down into smaller and smaller pieces of plastic. Several studies have found that three quarters of fish contain microplastics.
- It’s problematic that the plastic enters the food chains and accumulates in larger organisms until we find plastic in our food and drinking water!
What is the waterproof paint?
- It is nitrocellulose lacquer.
- Derived from cotton, it is both plastic free (not acrylic based) and vegan.
- Nitrocellulose will biodegrade in the environment, does not accumulate in food chains and is non toxic to fish.
- The paint is essential to ensure to prolonging the lifetime of the soap dish. Wooden products without such a coating are known to go mouldy in days. The finish keeps moisture out of the bamboo.
What are the dimensions?
- Outer dimensions – 11cm x 8cm
- Inner dimensions – 9.5cm x 6.5cm
How will my purchase make a difference?
- Think how many plastic bottles you use in the bathroom each year. Now imagine if the 8 billion inhabitants of our planet were using that many. We can’t go on like this and it is essentially we all take the lead against plastic.
- Each small step may seem small but it is a step nonetheless. Small steps add up and before you know it, you’re living plastic free.
Bamboo Soap Dish