Try some of our richly foaming, all-natural soaps that are bursting with plant power.
Our naked glycerine soap range is package free and offers an alternative to the highly processed soaps and shampoos you find on the high street.
By harnessing the power of plants, Alter/native range is great for the skin, as well as the planet. Everything in the range is vegan and cruelty free, made with essential oils and free from nasties such as palm oil and parabens. What’s more, they’re made in the UK, and by local, small craft makers wherever possible.
You have a choice of
- Hemp & Jasmine
- Coconut & Argan Oil
- Lavender & Geranium
- Aqua – we use good old Yorkshire water. It acts as a solvent keeping all the oil and dirt bound to the chelating agents in solution so it’ll go down the plug hole.
- Glycerine – derived from Rapeseed oil, glycerine has moisturising properties softening the skin after use.
- Sodium Cocoate – derived from coconut oil, it is another great ingredient for moisturising and softening skin.
- Sorbitol – is derived from corn and is used as a thickening agent.
- Sodium Stearate – is derived from rapeseed and is a chelating agent. It binds to all those oil and dirt particles and keeps them in the water.
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine – derived from coconut, it is used as a foam booster to make sure you can get your lather on.
- Sodium Chloride – pure salt helps to thicken the soap solution.
- Sodium Citrate – is produced as a by-product during saponification: a reaction between sodium chloride and citric acid. It is another chelating agent that binds to any heavy metal ions helping the other ingredients to be more effective.
- Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil – Derived from coconut, coconut oil acts as a great moisturiser in the soap.
- Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate – derived from sunflower oil and rapeseed, it is a binding agent keeping the water (which is hydrophilic) and the oil based in ingredients (which are hydrophobic) together without separating.
- Citric Acid – is derived from corn and is used as an acidity regulator.
- Essential Oils - as indicated by soap name.
Coconut & Argan Oil, Hemp & Jasmine, Lavender & Geranium